SCOPE & PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Technology Manager is responsible for managing the Software Development and Delivery Services. This includes product development and project delivery services.
The Technology Manager must be experienced and passionate about in all the below mentioned areas –
Technology – Understanding the technology stack and most importantly understanding the level of effort involved which is crucial in making the right decisions for product development and project delivery.
Solutioning – Understanding the proper use of technology to solve a business problem is imperative for the Engineering Manager. This extends right from understanding the customer expectations, how that can be best addressed by technology, and proposing the right technology solution to the customer.
Business – Technology Manager is also a business function, focused on maximizing business value to customers. Tech Lead should be obsessed with optimizing product development and project delivery process to achieve the business goals.
- Managing the entire product development delivery life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Responsible for leading the tech team, ensuring assigned product and project objectives are achieved.
- Complete ownership of all the product and deliveries especially in terms of timelines and business objectives.
- Develop, monitor, and enforce guidelines for control, interface, and other related policies for development
- Ensure the adherence to the quality process by the technical teams
- Understand and control the commercial factors that influence product and project design
- Positioning the optimum technology, architecture and solutioning to customers
- 8+ years of experience in the software development organization with minimum 3 years in a team lead position
- Working in startups will be preferred
- Experience in managing and software projects preferably serving B2B customers
- Technical background with an ability to communicate effectively with technology teams
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall delivery paradigms.
- Knowledge about the cloud technologies, mobile technologies, SaaS, high security solutions
- A Leader capable of handling teams and influencing other stakeholders
- Passion and Pride in performing to the highest standards
- Courage to challenge the industry norms and willingness to explore new approaches
- Ability to manage key internal and external stakeholders